Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Zachary's Hospital Visit (part 2)

Once we arrived at North Central we were a direct admit straight up to the floor. After a little confusion on how to get to our room from the ER due to construction, we finally made it to our room. Shortly after arriving in the room Daddy and Pawpaw showed up.

We have spent time at North Central Hospital before. Zachary, MaKinley and Caiden were all born their, but we have never spent time in the Children's part of the hospital. As soon as we arrived in our room and the ambulance crew left the on call pediatrician came in and went over a few things with us. Before we knew it they had the respiratory therapist bring him breathing treatments and had order chest x-rays to see what we were dealing with. Also by this time Zachary's had had about 3 breathing treatments and was starting to do a lot better.

After we were all settled in, we order some lunch and tried to relax a bit. The past 2 hours had been a whirlwind and I was no where prepared to go the hospital. I had thankfully started to wean Caiden from nursing during the day and had enough milk thawed out for him.

As the day progressed Zach got better. The chest x-ray did not show any pneumonia. That was such a good thing. So it was determined that he was have a severe asthma attack. So the plan was to continue to do breathing treatment every 3 hours.

By the evening he was starting to feel a little better. I left around 7:00 so I could make it home in time to feed Caiden before he went to bed for the night, while Chris and Pawpaw stayed the night with Zach.

It was very hard for me to leave him. I had mother's guilt so bad wanting to be with him, but knowing that I need to be home also because the others depended on me too. On my way home I was a rainbow and knew that both him and I were going to be ok.




No comments:

Post a Comment