Soon after I arrived Nana and Papo showed up to see him. They spent much of the day with Zach playing in his room and then also playing in the play room they had on the floor for the kids. One thing that Chris and I were very impressed with was that the hospital was very geared to making sure that the kids are comfortable and have any thing they might want or need to get better faster.
We had some stipulation put in place for Zach to be able to go home. The big one was that he had to maintain an O2 level of 92 or better awake and while sleeping. Which meant that Zach had to stay one more night at the hospital. He was not very happy about it at all, but then they brought him a battery operated mini coop car and he was a lot happier. If you know Zachary, you know that he loves his truck and cars. Also during the day he got his IV taken out and he was super excited about not having to pull his pole or trailer as he liked to call it with him anymore.
I stayed again till around 7 o'clock and then had to head back home to feed Caiden and put him to bed. Leaving the second night was very hard, cause Zach did not want me to leave and threw a really big fit. I could here him all the way down in the elevator, but by the time I got to the car he had calmed down and was ok.
On Monday I got up to get ready to go to the hospital and MaKinley wanted to go with me. Zach is her partner in crime and she was missing him terribly. Since he was coming home I figured it would be safe for her to come along.
When I arrived Zach was all dressed and ready to go home. He took MaKinley and showed her the toy room and they played for a bit. It was around lunch time that we finally got our discharge papers and we were finally able to go home and Zach could not have been happier.
We went home with an asthma action plan and also a follow up appointment with our pedestrian to make sure everyone was on the same page with how to handle any future asthma attacks.









No comments:
Post a Comment