Monday, June 16, 2014

Big girl bed!!!

The other day, I was at Toy's R Us and they had the toddler bed I have been wanting for MaKinley's room. Since I am pretty sure she will be sharing a room with the new baby, I was really wanting a toddler day bed. 

I wasn't quite sure if I was ready to transition her to the big girl bed, but I figured we could at least get it set up and get her use to the idea of it in her room. The first night she did not want anything to do with it, which was fine with me. 

The second day, she and Zach played night night in it all day and by bed time she wanted to sleep in it and did not want to go back in the crib.

The first few night were rough. She kept climbing out and would not stay in it, but she did not want back in the crib either. After a couple of nights of this, I decided to use the crib as a punishment. It took only a few time of her going in the crib for her to understand that she needed to stay in her big girl bed.

We still have some rough nights, but not as bad.








No comments:

Post a Comment