Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ry's first dentist appt.

I took Ry for his first dentist appt. yesterday. It went as well as could be aspected. He doesn't like help brushing his teeth. He is my Mr. Independant. I would have waited longer before going, but I has noticed something on his back 2 year molar that wasn't comeing off with brushing. Come to find out it was a cavity cause by congential soft enamel. Supposedly this was something he was born with and nothing we could have prevented. Chris had the same when he was little, so I guess you can say it is hereditary. With that said, she checked his other teeth and all his 2 year molars even those that are not all the way out yet are soft. So in about six months he will have to have a procedure down to put crowns on them. Until then we have to go every six weeks for a varnish enamel treatment to help slow down and maybe even reverse the soft enamel on his other teeth. So I guess will just have to wait and see. All in all, he was a very brave boy and love going. When we walked out of the office he told me," I had fun at the dentist." This coming from a boy who cried the whole time they were looking at his teeth. Gotta love little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment