Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009 Recap

What a year!!! 2009 was a very exciting year for us. At the end of 2008 we found out that we were expecting our 2nd little munchkin, so that started the New Year off just right. 2009 started out slow for us, but picked up really quick with a new baby on the way. So lets recap: January: This month was a slow month for us. Chris made a trip to Leakey with his dad and brother, so Ry and I traveled to El Campo. Here is Ry right at the New Year. He was so little and cute. Febuaray: Chris and I celebrated our 3rd annivesary this year. Because it is hard to find a babysitter, we just went out on a really nice dinner to a winery. It was really pretty and the food was excellent. This was a picture of Ry at the park.
March: In march Ryan got to sit on his first tractor. He was so lucky that it just happened to be an A&M tractor that his Uncle Robert restored for Aunt Kasie. He is so in to tractor and trains. He is all boy.
April: This month was a very exciting a busy month. We celebrated Easter, Nana's 50th birthday and we all so found out that Baby Smith was a boy. Now we could give this bundle of joy a name: Zachary Allan.
May: We traveled to Corpus Christi to watch Uncle Travis graudate with his masters degree ini accounting. We were so proud of him. He is the first in our family to obtain a masters.
June: We made our way back to Corpus for our annual family vacation. It was nice to get to take Ry to the beach and hang out with Uncle Travis some more. Ry loves the water and sand.
July: We took Ryan to the Houston Zoo for the first time with Nana and Papo. He loves the animals and especially the fact that they had a playground so he could run around and play.
August: What an exciting month. We got to welcome our second baby boy on August 28. Zahcary Allan arrived at 3:56 pm weighing in at 8lbs. 1oz. and 20 inches long. He looked just like his big brother and has been a joy to us every since.
September: Zachary, Ryan and I made our first trip to El Campo since Zach was born to go meet his Great Granny. I was very nervous about traveling 2 hours with the boys by myself, but we did just fine. We only had to stop once to feed Zach and Ry was a champ just like always when it comes to traveling.
October: We celebrated my grandma's 89th birthday. I have to say for beinging 89 and raising 6 kids by herself, she still had spunk in her. Though it had been a rough year for her, we are so glad to have her with us. I am especially thankful that she is around to get to meet by boys and watch them grow. We also welcomed a new nephew, Jacob Nicholas. He was born on October 2nd, excactly 5 weeks after Zach. I hope that they will grow up to be close friends. We also baptized Zach at St. Philip's. This is the same church that Chris and I were married and where Ryan was baptized.
November: Our baby boy turned 2. I can not believe that it has been 2 years since Ryan was born. He is the light of my eye and keeps me on my toes. I could not have asked for better. Though we were not potty trained like I had wanted. He definately had the concept and hopefully will put it all together soon.
December: We celebrated Zach's 1st Christmas. This month was probably the busiest month of all. I am not sure where it went, but am glad that the boys had a nice Christmas with all our family.
The New Year: I am hoping that 2010 will bring our family some nice changes with remodeling the house a big prioritey I am hoping we can achieve our goals and spend some quality time with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment