Friday, October 9, 2015

Making Mum and Garters

Ryan's flag football team is being recognized tonight at the Canyon football game. They get to run out on the field with their coaches and then stand with them through the National Anthem. It is also Canyon's homecoming game.

When I found this out, it took me back to when I was a kid and my parents had a small mum and garter that me and my brother wore every year. So I decided that I would make MaKinley a mum for the game.

So yesterday while the boys were in school the little ones and I headed to hobby lobby to get all the supplies we would need to make her a mum. Then while they took naps I set off to work making her mum. I was very surprised how easy it was to put all together and I was finished with it by the time it was time to go get the boys from school.

I was quite happy with the way it turned out for being my first mum!!!









When the boys got home from school and saw MaKinley's mum and after a little explaining about it and how boy wear them on their arms the Ryan decided he wanted one. So back to Hobby Lobby we went to get stuff to make 2 garters for the boys. 

That night I put was able to start the back for the garters. But it was getting late and I need some more solid red ribbon. So we called it a night.

The next morning after Zach's community helper parade I headed up the Hobby Lobby at the Forum to get more red ribbon. Then it was back home to finish them up before the boys got out of school.

I was much happier with the way the garters came together. Between making the mum and then making the garters I had done a little more research on how to lay the foundation ribbons before filling in the the decorative ribbon. So after I finished the boys garters I went back and added to MaKinley's and was much happier with the way it looked in the end.








No comments:

Post a Comment