Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Breaking Tradition

Every year we wait till Thanksgiving night or the day after to put up our Christmas tree and decorate the house. But with a baby due anytime now, I was able to convince Chris to at least get the trees up.

Since last year we moved in 5 days before Christmas we did not really decorate much. So I am excited to get to decorate this year. I don't really even remember what all decorations we have and am excite to get them out. Christmas is my most favorite holiday and I just love having the house all decorated. With a bigger house I hope I have enough decorations.

We spent last Friday evening putting up and decorating the Christmas tree upstairs. When we moved last year, Chris' parents bought us and Timmy each a new tree. So now we have two Christmas tress, which makes me very happy. The boys really enjoyed helping Chris fluff the branches and then putting the decorations on. MaKinley even helped with decorating, we just had to go behind her when she was done and move some around a little.

Then on Sunday, we set up the big tree downstairs and got out all our special family ornaments that we have gotten over the last 8 years. The kids really enjoyed seeing which one's were theirs from over the past years. I am really excited to get our new ornaments in for this year.

Also on Sunday, I got crafty and made a stocking holder to hold all 6 of our stockings. Since we don't have a fireplace I have been looking on Pinterest for cute ideas to hang stockings. I came across one I really liked. So with the help of Daddy and my cricut we were able to make it. I still have to add the snowflakes, but love how it turned out.














No comments:

Post a Comment