Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

This year our Valentine's Day did not go quite like I had planned. Ryan was on winter break so he did not have school. I had planned to make the kids a special breakfast of Chocolate Chocolate Chip cinnamon rolls, spend the day doing something special (i.e. the park, jumpy place.) And then I was going to make a special dinner with angle hair pasta and scallops and heart shaped cheesecakes for dessert.

But that is not how it happened. The day before during the day my throat started to hurt. I just chalked it up to drainage. Well by that night I started to run a fever. So Friday morning, I woke up and felt horrible. I could barely swallow, it hurt so bad, and my body ached so bad.

So my wonderful husband stayed home from work to take care of the kids and me. He did so good trying to carry out my plans for the day. He made the cinnamon rolls without complaining, even after finding out how detailed the recipe was. He called the doctor for me and made me an appointment. He took the kids to Target, as their something special, to spend their gift cards they got from Grandma and Pawpaw for Valentine's. Picked up my medicine and also took care of me.

I went to the doctor and he said it was just a sinus infection, but while at the doctor I started to get a rash on both arms. I showed it to him and he said to just take an antihistamine. He never ran a strep test at all. I have had sinus infections before and they have never knocked me down like I was.

As the day went on the rash spread to my legs and on my love handles. It was a very fine rash that felt like sandpaper. So I started to do some research and I then called the on call doctor and we are pretty sure that I had strep throat and scarlet fever.

The rash itched so bad. I did everything from calamine lotion to oatmeal bathes to try and sooth it.

By Saturday, afternoon I was feeling somewhat better. I still had a head full of pressure, but I was actually able to swallow again without it hurting so bad. So while Chris was running errand with the kids I was finally able to make the heart shaped cheesecakes for us to have with dinner. We never did get around to the angle hair pasta, but that can be done another time.

So all in all, I think even though things did not go as I had planned. I did hear from Ryan that this was the best Valentine's day ever. So in the end it all worked out the way it was suppose to be.






























No comments:

Post a Comment