Tuesday, January 13, 2015

God Bless Caiden

This past Saturday Caiden was baptized at Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church here in New Braunfels.  We were so blessed to have Father Gary come to New Braunfels to perform the baptism.

Father Gary holds a special place in our family when it comes to our church life. Almost 9 years ago he married Chris and I in the church I grew up in. He has since then baptized Ryan, Zachary, and MaKinley. Chris and I felt that it would be so nice to have him also baptize Caiden. We told him that we were willing to come to him and have the baptism in Victoria if that was better for him. But he was so generously willing to come to New Braunfels.

It was a lovely ceremony. A little different than the others, but still nice. Caiden did so well. He never cried once, even when the water was being poured on his head. We were so blessed to be surround by our family on this special day. We chose Aunt Brittany and Uncle Timmy to be his Godparents. He also wore the same baptism gown that Ryan and Zachary wore. The gown has been in Chris' family for several generations. It has been worn by both Chris and Tim; Grandpa Billy and some of Grandpa Billy's relatives. I forget how far back it goes. I do know that the gown is hand made and very delicate.

After the baptism we had lunch at our house and a cake made by Ms. Ruby Hoffman. Caiden also received some wonderful gifts from his Godparents and Grandparents.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment