Monday, July 1, 2013

MaKinley is 8 months

This past month has been an interesting and frustrating one to say the least. While she has grown by leaps and bounds again this month, we have also seen he stubborn side come out. A few days after turning 7 months she decided she did not like baby food anymore. It was I don't kind of like it, it was I am going to lock my jaw and if you got some in her mouth she would spit it out and I would be wearing it. So after about a week or so of trying all kinds of foods and even moving up a number food I was at my wit end. I posted about what I was experiencing on my Moms of NB page and was suggested to try Baby-Led weaning. Well after some research and reading. This little ladybug is eating food again and loves it. Mainly she eats what ever we are having just a mushier version of it. I have to say I am very impressed with her and kind of excited about this, because it is going to save us some money. So now that we are eating again, we still are not quite sleeping through the night. But I am hopeful to really work on this over the next month.

So here is where we are now:

-weight a little over 20 lbs
-Still wearing size 3 diapers and 9 month clothes
-drinks 4 to 5 6 oz bottles a day
-is feeding ourselves food and the gerber snacks
-can pick stuff up using her thumb and finger
-is pulling herself up in to a standing position
-can get herself into a sitting position
-is up on all fours rocking (she actually crawled the day she turned 8 months)
-is taking 2 to 3 naps a day
-is slowly learning to drink out of a sippy cup. She does not have a lot of interest in it yet.
-loves to get into her bothers toys
-loves her bath time
-holds her own bottles






















No comments:

Post a Comment