Snowed In Day 2
We survived the night all in one room!!! I don't think I got even one solid hour of sleep. We still had rolling black outs, one hour on to one hour off. Every time the electricity would come on the alarm panel would beep and I would have to get up and put the code in 3 different time for it to stop beeping.
Thankfully, I had my energize to help get me up and going. At some point in the morning I got all the bedding picked up and was also able to get my workout downloaded to my iPad so I could workout even if the electricity was out.
In the evening we would turn on the generator so we could have lights downstairs and the little heaters on in our room when the electricity would go out. At some point in the evening, post started to pop up about the city starting to have water issues and to fill tubs and pot up with water to have to drink and flush potties. So we filled both tubs and what ever jugs we could find with water. We then settled in for a game of uno in our room, since the kids would be camping out another night in there.
I have to say all our camping and scouting skills are sure coming in handy through this.














No comments:
Post a Comment